Friday, August 26, 2011

Have Inspiration, Need Motivation

The universe is speaking to me shouting at me, and it is screaming, "Make some flippin' bread and jam, already!"  Ever since I made me last post about yeast breads and homemade jams being on my to-make food bucket list, I have been seeing absolutely delicious looking blog entries from other (much more brave) food bloggers everywhere.  Seriously.  EVERYWHERE.

On one hand, I'm totally inspired by their recipes, their beautiful photos, and the prospect of having my very own 9 jars of jam... but I'm still a little freaked out to give it a go.  In case you'd like to be inspired - even if you lack the actual action, like me - take a look at these links:

Lemon Raspberry Breakfast Rolls

Peach Vanilla Bean Jam

Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Bread

Jennie's Tomato Jam

Blackberry Jam

And, if you are feeling more like me... perhaps buying jam would be easier than making it yourself.  If that's the case, head over to Bloggers Without Borders and look at the many auctions set up to support the incredibly strong Jennie Perillo.  Her husband recently passed away suddenly, leaving her on her own in caring for her two young daughters.  The food blogging community has rallied around her in support to raise money to help transition her through this terrible time.  My favorite auction?  JAMS, of course... Yum!

I do have high hopes of procuring the ingredients to make the Peach Vanilla Bean Jam at the Portland Farmer's Market this weekend.  Hopefully, in telling you this, I'll actually feel it necessary to follow through.  One can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment